Italian Style Gourmet Dog
- 4 D’Italiano with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Sausage Buns
- 1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil Salt
- 2 Lbs Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 Medium green peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 Large yellow or white onion, sliced into strips
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, or a mixture of oregano, basil and rosemary
- 4 Beef hot dogs, preferably with natural casings
How to make
- 1 Brown the peppers and onions in a pan over medium heat with virgin oil. Add in the potatoes.
- 2 Remove the potatoes, which should be partially browned, to a bowl and set aside. Increase the heat to high and add the peppers and onions. Arrange evenly in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3 Sprinkle salt over them, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes untouched. There should be some browned and even blackened bits here and there.
- 4 Add the Italian seasoning and the potatoes to the pan, stir to combine and cook over medium-high heat until they are soft and nicely browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- 5 Grill the hotdogs to your liking.
- 6 Liberally smear mustard on both sides of the brioche sausage bun. Add one hotdog per roll and top liberally with potatoes, peppers and onions as will fit.