Touch Down Sammies
- 2 D’Italiano® Garlic Baguette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsps. Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 pound deli roast beef
- 12 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 ounce each)
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli chicken
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make
- Bake D’Italiano® Garlic Baguettes according to instructions on package.
- Cut loaves in half horizontally; hollow out tops and bottoms, leaving 1/2-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Layer bottom of each loaf with a fourth of each: roast beef, mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, salami, artichokes, salad greens, chicken and onion. Repeat layers. Season with salt, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Replace bread tops; wrap tightly and refrigerate at least 1 hour before game time!
- Slice and serve.