Classic Shrimp Rolls
- 2 D’Italiano with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Sausage Buns
- 285g (0.62lbs) Shrimp
- 140g (2 cups) Cherry tomatoes
- 90g (3 cups) Baby greens or (lettuce mix, baby spinach, kale or arugula)
- 1 Bunch of chives (or garlic chives)
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Lemon
- 30ml (2 tbsp.) Mayonnaise
- Zesty Herbs spices 2 tbsp. garlic powder, 1 tbsp. ground cumin, 1 tbsp. paprika, 1 tbsp. black pepper add 1 tbsp. of lemon zest
How to make
- 1 Bring a 6-qt. pot of salted water to a boil, pat the shrimp dry with paper towel and remove shells from the tail.
- 2 Put the shrimp in boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until opaque. While the shrimp are cooking grab a medium bowl and fill it with cold water and ice. Once the shrimp are cooked, drain and place the shrimp in the ice water to prevent them from cooking any longer. Once cooled, drain and pat dry. Transfer to a cutting board, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 3 Thinly slice celery, and chives and cut your lemon in half.
- 4 In a bowl, combine the mayo, ½ the lemon juice, ½ the chives, ½ the celery, ½ the spices, and S&P. Add the shrimp; toss well.
- 5 In a second bowl, combine the remaining lemon juice, chives, and spices, 2 tbsp. oil (double for 4 portions) and S&P. Add the tomatoes, ⅔ of the baby greens, and the remaining celery; toss well.
- 6 Divide the toasted buns and salad between plates. Top each bun with the remaining baby greens, shrimp filling, and your bun top.