Steak & Caramelized Onion Sandwich
What better way to get the entire famiglia to the table for a weekend lunch?
- 2 D’Italiano with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Hamburger Buns
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 handfuls rocket or arugula
How to make
- Begin by melting the butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Place the onions into the pan along with a good pinch of salt. Cook the onions down until they are soft & golden. Add in the Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Cook for an additional 5 minutes and set aside.
- Using the same frying pan heat on high, oiling the steaks and seasoning with salt and pepper. Sear the steak for 2 minutes on each side, then remove and let them rest under tin foil.
- Using a small bowl mix the mayonnaise and mustard. Spread the mixture on the bottom half of the bun adding rocket/arugula. Slice the steak, place on top of the greens and spoon the caramelized on top. Add the other half of the bun cut in half and serve.