Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini
- 4 slices D’Italiano® Thick Slice Original White Bread
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 8 oz. of Goat cheese
- 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1/3 cup of chopped Chives
- 2 tbsp. of Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to make
- 1 Using a mini food processor or blender add goat cheese and 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt, add chives, thyme (reserve some for garnish) and process until whipped and smooth about 2-3 minutes.
- 2 Place the whipped goat cheese in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- 3 Place a cast iron grill pan or griddle on medium to high heat.
- 4 Place bread on a cutting board and lightly brush each side of bread with olive oil.
- 5 Place the bread in the hot pan cooking on each side for about two minutes or until the bread is nicely toasted.
- 6 Once the bread is toasted use a garlic clove and gently rub it on both sides of the toast.
- 7 Scoop some of the whipped goat cheese on top of each piece of bread, garnish with herbs, salt and pepper. Enjoy!