Spicy Shrimp and Crab Bruschetta
- 5 slices D’Italiano® Thick Slice Original White Bread , or
- D’Italiano® Thick Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 500 g large shrimp; peeled and de-veined
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- ½ tsp (2 ml) paprika
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) each hot pepper flakes and pepper
- 1 plum tomato; seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions; finely chopped
- 1 can (6 oz/170 g) crabmeat; drained
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) chopped fresh parsley
How to make
- 1 Cut bread into quarters; arrange on baking sheet.
- 2 Grill bread on barbeque for 1-2 minutes per side until toasted. Set aside.
- 3 Stir together shrimp, lemon rind, garlic, paprika, hot pepper flakes and pepper.
- 4 Place shrimp, in single layer, on aluminum foil. grill over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes, turning once, or until opaque.
- 5 Stir together tomato, green onions, crabmeat, lemon juice and parsley.
- 6 Add salt and pepper.
- 7 Spoon 1 tbsp of crabmeat mixture onto toasted bread.
- 8 Top with shrimp.