Prosciutto, Provolone & Pear Melt
A triple threat, with this triple P sandwich!
- 2 slices D’Italiano® Sesame Seed Bread
- 4 tsp. mayonnaise
- 4 oz. provolone or cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- ½ a 7oz. Jar roasted sweet red peppers, well drained
- ½ small pear or apple, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. prosciutto
- 2 tbsp. mango chutney
- apple or pear for serving
How to make
- 1 Spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Place 4 bread slices, buttered down, on a warmed pan. Spread 4 slices of bread with mayonnaise and provolone cheese.
- 2 Top 2 of the bread slices with roasted sweet peppers and 2 slices of pear or apple, and add prosciutto.
- 3 Cut up large pieces of chutney; spread the unbuttered sides of 4 remaining bread slices with the chutney. Place over each sandwich in the pan, buttered sides up.
- 4 Cook sandwiches over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, turning once halfway through.
- 5 Serve with additional pear or apple and enjoy.