Salmon Spiedini with Lemon-Caper Cream
- 1 lb (500 g) salmon fillet (center cut), skinned
- 4 lemon slices, quartered
- 4 D’Italiano® Original Sausage Buns , or
- D’Italiano® Thick Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) each olive oil and lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh dill
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) each salt and pepper
- Lemon-Caper Cream
- ¼ cup (50 ml) each sour cream and mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped capers
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind
- mixed baby greens or friscee
How to make
- 1 Cut salmon into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) cubes.
- 2 In shallow bowl, combine marinade ingredients.
- 3 Add salmon and toss to coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4 Combine lemon-caper cream ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
- 5 Reserving marinade and beginning and ending with salmon pieces, thread salmon and lemon pieces alternating on skewers.
- 6 Place on greased grill over medium heat and grill for about 10 minutes, turning once and brushing with marinade.
- 1 Toast sausage buns on grill, if desired.
- 2 Top bottom half of each bun with a little lemon-caper cream, baby greens, 1 salmon spiedini (skewer removed) and little more cream.
- 3 Top with bun lids and serve.