Italian Breakfast Sandwich
Breakfast made, with an Italian twist
- 2 slices D’Italiano® Brizzolio Bread
- 4 oz. (4-6 thin slices) Sopressata
- 1 egg
- 2 oz. (2 slices) prosciutto
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 thin slices of red onion (soaked for 2 minutes)
- ice water
- 2 large basil leaves
How to make
- 1 Heat a medium size skillet over low heat, frying sopressata until lightly crisp and the fat has rendered, about 2 minutes per site. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 2 Using the same skillet, fry and egg sunny-side up. 2-3 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked.
- 3 Toast your D’Italiano® Brizziolio to you liking
- 4 On one piece of bread, layer sopressata, prosciutto, mozzarella. Place sliced red onion in ice water for 1-2 minutes. Allow the onion to dry before placing on top of the mozzarella.
- 5 Using the same skillet on medium heat place the sandwich in the pan, pressing down on it with your hand for 2-3 minutes. Flip the sandwich and repeat the step above until the sandwich is a crispy golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- 6 Remove the sandwich placing the sunny side egg on top with some basil. Serve and enjoy!