Halloumi & Pesto Paninis
- 2 D’Italiano with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Sausage Buns
- 200g (2 cups ) Halloumi Cheese
- 55g (3/4 cup) Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Basil Pesto
- 160g (1 ½ cups) Roma Tomato
- 170ml (3/4 cups) Roasted Red Peppers
- 113g (2 cups) Baby Spinach
- 15ml (1 tbsp.) Italian Herb Spice Blend
- 30ml (2 tbsp.) Caesar Dressing
How to make
- 1 Preheat the oven to 450°F. Pat Halloumi dry with paper towels and cut into ¼ -inch slices. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange halloumi. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. oil), sprinkling ½ the Italian Herb Spice Blend on top. Bake on the lower rack of the oven for 5-7 min, or until golden brown.
- 2 Meanwhile, slice tomatoes into ¼ -inch slices, drain and roughly chop the roasted red peppers. In a medium bowl, add pesto and mayo, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 3 Cut your D’Italiano with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Sausage Buns in half and lightly toast until golden brown. Spread the buns with pesto mayo, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and Halloumi.
- 4 Carefully remove the parchment paper from the baking sheet, then arrange assembled paninis on the unlined sheet. Place another baking sheet on top of the paninis (to press the sandwich together).
- 5 Place paninis on the top rack of the oven for 6-7 min, or until lightly toasted. Using oven mitts, carefully press down on the top baking sheet to help flatten paninis. (NOTE: Be careful. Both baking sheets will be hot!)
- 6 In a salad bowl, add remaining spinach and Caesar dressing tossing until spinach is lightly coated. Cut paninis on a diagonal and serve alongside your Caesar salad.