Grilled Bocconcini Spiedini
- 2 slices D’Italiano® Thick Slice Original White Bread , or
- D’Italiano® Thick Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 3 bocconcini, halved
- 6 slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup (50 ml)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) prepared pesto
- 6 skewers, wooden* or metal
How to make
- 1 Cut bread slices into 18 cubes. Set aside.
- 2 Cut each slice prosciutto into 2 strips. Wrap each bocconcini half tightly with prosciutto strip.
- 3 Thread the bread cubes and wrapped cheese alternately onto skewers, starting and ending with bread cube.
- 4 Combine remaining ingredients and brush skewers evenly with mixture.
- 5 Grill over high heat (3 at a time) until cheese starts to melt and the bread toasts, turning frequently. Serve immediately.
Soak wooden skewers in water before using.