D’Italiano® Sweet Chili and Lime Chicken Burgers
- 4 D’Italiano® 100% Whole Wheat Crustini Buns
- 4 (680 g) chicken thighs
- 2 mini cucumbers
- 10 g fresh garlic
- 2 limes
- 3 tbsp. Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2.5 tbsp. sugar 3 tsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. salt
- Spring mix for topping
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
How to make
- 1 Preheat broiler to high (to toast buns). Skip this step if you don't want to toast your buns.
- 2 Using a veggie peeler, peel the cucumbers into ribbons. Zest, then juice the lime. Mince or grate the garlic. Pick the cilantro leaves off the sprigs. In a medium bowl, combine half the lime juice, 1/2 tsp. sugar and cucumber ribbons. Season with salt and set aside.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine the mayo, lime zest and garlic, to make garlic lime aioli. Set aside.
- 4 In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining lime juice, 2 tsp. sugar and 2 tbsp. oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper. In another large bowl, coat the chicken all over with the sweet chili sauce and honey. Season with salt.
- 5 Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 1 tbsp. oil, then the chicken. (Keep the marinade in the bowl – it’ll be used later to make a glaze). Sear, until the chicken is cooked through, 3-4 min per side or cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 74°C/165°F.
- 6 Add the reserved marinade and 1/4 cup water to the chicken. Stir, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Boil, until a thick sauce coats the chicken, 1-2 min.
- 7 Spread each D’Italiano® 100% Whole Wheat Crustini Buns with the lime-garlic aioli, then top with spring mix, chicken and cucumber.