D’Italiano® Pizza Grilled Cheese-Brizzolio Bread
- 8 slices of D’Italiano® Brizzolio Bread
- 8 Slices cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. (57g) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
- 16 slices of Hot Soppressata Calabrese
- 2 oz.(57g) of pizza sauce (or substitute your homemade pasta sauce), divided.
- 4 oz.(113g) unsalted butter, softened (or substitute garlic spread), divided.
How to make
- 1 Heat skillet on medium heat.
- 2 Spread butter or garlic spread on top side of each slice of D’Italiano® Brizzolio Bread.
- 3 Place 4 bread slices, spread side down in warm pan.
- 4 Spread pizza sauce on top.
- 5 Add 2 slices of cheddar cheese to each sandwich bottom.
- 6 Top with 4 slices of soppressata to each sandwich bottom.
- 7 Cover each sandwich with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 8 Drizzle additional sauce over the mozzarella cheese.
- 9 Cover each with the top slices of D’Italiano Brizzolio Bread, spread side up.
- 10 Cook in the pan until the bottom is lightly browned and cheese begins to melt, use spatula to slightly lift sandwiches to confirm.
- 11 Carefully flip the sandwiches and leave in pan until bottom slices is well toasted and cheese has completely melted.
- 12 Slice and enjoy.