D’Italiano® Nachos Italiano!
- 2 D’Italiano® Garlic Baguette
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh basil or dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
How to make
- 1 In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onion, carrot, garlic and red pepper flakes over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- 2 Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- 3 Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- 4 Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. Stir in basil.
- 5 Bake D’Italiano ® Garlic Baguettes according to instructions on package and slice into 48 thin slices. Place back in oven to crisp.
- 6 Arrange toast on serving platters; top with beef mixture and cheese.
- 7 Serve immediately.