D’Italiano® Loaded Italian Sub with Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 4 D’Italiano® 100% Whole Wheat Sausage Buns
- ¼ lb. sliced Genoa salami
- ¼ lb. sliced Italian Mortadella
- ¼ lb. sliced sweet or hot (your preference) capicolla (also known as capocollo, or coppa)
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- ¼cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 8 slices Kraft Singles Extra Cheddar
- ¼ cup shredded provolone cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. dry oregano Kraft Garlic Aioli
- Optional toppings to add: roasted onions and grilled peppers
How to make
- 1 Open D'Italiano® Whole Wheat Sausage Buns and spread two tbsp. of Kraft Garlic aioli on both sides.
- 2 Begin layering the cold cuts on the bottom half, then layering on Kraft Singles Extra Cheddar slices and top with half of the basil leaves. Close bun. If you are adding onions or peppers, add them into this step.
- 3 Heat a panini press to hot or a grill pan over hot heat. Brush one tbsp. of olive oil on the top half of the sandwich and brush the other tbsp. of olive oil on the panini press or grill. Place sandwich on top of brushed oil and brown both sides of sandwich.
- 4 In the meantime, line a small sheet pan with foil and mix the parmesan, mozzarella, provolone and oregano in a small bowl and set aside.
- 5 Once sandwiches are browned, remove and place on sheet pan. Top the tops of each sandwich with the shredded cheese mixture, basil leaves and sliced tomatoes. (Try to get the cheese to stay in place by pressing down with your hands).
- 6 Place the pan in the hot oven for 5-7 minutes to melt and brown cheese. To brown further, place under a broiler for a few minutes.
- 7 Serve hot and cheesy with lots of napkins!