BBQ Beef Brisket on Brioche Bun
- 4 D’Italiano with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Hamburger Buns
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 lbs Beef brisket
- 2 Cups Beef broth
- 2 Cups BBQ sauce
- 2 Cups Prepared coleslaw
- 1/2 Cup Frizzled onions
- 1 Pinch Salt and cayenne pepper
How to make
- 1 Preheat oven to 325F
- 2 In a small bowl, combine, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin and olive oil with a spoon to make a paste.
- 3 Rub all over brisket and place into a covered casserole dish or heavy Dutch oven. Pour broth over top and cover; bake in the oven for 3 hours or until fork under.
- 4 Remove lid and turn the oven up to 400F.
- 5 Strain cooking liquid and combine with BBQ sauce in a saucepan while the oven comes to temperature.
- 6 Cook BBQ sauce mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally until desired consistency. Brush over brisket and place back into the oven for 15 minutes or until a nice crust forms.
- 7 Remove from oven, let cool slightly on a board and slice across the grain.
- 8 Slice and toast buns until golden.
- 9 Divide brisket over sliced buns, drizzle with BBQ sauce and top with coleslaw. Serve warm.