D’Italiano® Grilled Cajun Shrimp Dog with Avocado Salsa
- 4 D’Italiano® Original Sausage Buns
- 24 Jumbo Shrimp
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 fresh avocados
- 2 cloves garlic - diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup finely diced pineapple
- ¼ cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- Cilantro for garnish
How to make
- 1 Remove tails from shrimp and then toss in olive oil.
- 2 Combine all spices in a mixing bowl. Once combined, toss shrimp in spice mixture until all pieces are coated.
- 3 Using either skewers or a grilling basket, barbecue shrimp on medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, turning once.
- 4 Meanwhile, place peeled and diced avocado, diced garlic cloves, lime juice, pineapple and cherry tomatoes in a small bowl. Mix until combined.
- 5 Toast D’Italiano® Sausage Buns, nestle grilled shrimp inside and top with fresh avocado salsa. Serve with cilantro garnish and enjoy immediately.