D’Italiano® Gourmet Burger with Sun-Dried Tomato Aioli
Treat your guests and your tastebuds to BIG flavour and Gusto!™. Gourmet flavour with the summer flavour of sun-dried tomatos, featuring D’Italiano® with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Hamburger Buns
- 4 D’Italiano with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Hamburger Buns
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 mild Italian Sausage Link - casing removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 cup Baby Arugula
- Vegetable Oil for Grill
- 1/2 cup Mayonaise
- 2 tbsp. Drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. Roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 3 Large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Pinch of Sugar
How to make
- 1 Prepare your aioli: Blend the mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, fresh herbs and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper in a mini food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2 Make your caramelized onions: Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sugar and toss to coat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 20 minutes. Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring, until browned and caramelized, 15 to 20 additional minutes; season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3 Preheat a grill to medium high and brush with vegetable oil. Combine the beef and sausage in a large bowl and mix with your hands. Divide meat mixture evenly into four 3/4-inch-thick patties; season with salt and pepper. Grill the burgers until the edges begin browning, 3 to 5 minutes, then flip and top each patty with a slice of cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the burgers are done. Cook longer if you prefer different level of doneness.
- 4 Lightly toast the buns on the grill. Spread the aioli on the top and bottom buns. Sandwich with the burgers, caramelized onions and arugula.