D’Italiano® French Toast with Mascarpone Maple Cream
What better way to get the entire famiglia to the table any morning of the week? This easy to follow D'Italiano® French Toast recipe is sure to have them asking for seconds.
- 8 D’Italiano® Thick Slice Original White Bread
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup (175 ml) whole milk or light cream
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) sugar
- Butter, for frying
- ½ cup (125 ml) mascarpone cheese
- 6 tbsp. (90 ml) maple syrup
- 2 cups (500 ml) mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
How to make
- 1 Beat eggs, milk or cream, sugar and vanilla in shallow bowl.
- 2 Dip bread slices quickly into egg mixture and pan fry in hot butter until golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- 3 Combine mascarpone and maple syrup.
- 4 Serve French toast topped with mascarpone maple cream and berries.