D’Italiano® Chicken Burger with Hummus and Quick Pickled Onions
1 H. 25 Min.
1 H. 40 Min.
That's right famiglia, we are switching up our traditional beef burgers with this Chicken Hummus Burger. This quick and easy solution to switching up your grilling game also makes you a pickling pro in the process.
- D’Italiano® 100% Whole Wheat Crustini Buns
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- Cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Garlic Hummus
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- ½ cup pickling vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
How to make
- 1 Whisk together pickling vinegar, sugar and salt until well combined. Place thinly sliced onions in mixture, transfer to glass jar and leave to sit for at least 1 hour.
- 2 Combine chicken, breadcrumbs, thyme, salt and pepper in mixing bowl. Using hands, mix until well combined, and then form 4 patties.
- 3 Cook patties on barbecue for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 4 Toast D’Italiano® 100% Whole Wheat Crustini Buns on grill.
- 5 Place cooked chicken patties on toasted buns, top generously with hummus and drained pickled onions.