Crispy Prosciutto and Provolone Burgers
- 4 D’Italiano® Original Crustini Buns
- Red onion 1 small , tough outer layers peeled and discarded
- 400 g ground beef
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- Flat-leaf parsley a handful, finely chopped
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- Oil for frying
- 4 slices of provolone (or fontina)
- Lettuce leaves to serve
- Burger Sauce
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. sweet mustard
- 6 cornichons , chopped
- 4 pickled onions , chopped
How to make
- 1 Grate the onion with a box grater.
- 2 To make the sauce, mix the mayo, mustard, cornichons and pickled onions and season.
- 3 To make the burgers, put the mince, onion, celery salt and parsley in a bowl. Season with pepper and mix well, then divide into four balls. Form each ball into a thin patty – they will shrink as they cook so make the burgers larger than your buns.
- 4 Pan fry the prosciutto for 2-3 minutes until crisp and remove.
- 5 Heat grill to hot or a large, heavy frying pan. Oil and season the burgers and grill until patties are cooked through.
- 6 Place a slice of provolone on top of each burger patty and grill for 2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- 7 Add some lettuce to each D’Italiano® Original Crustini Buns. Sit a burger patty on top, add the crispy prosciutto, spoon over the sauce and put on the bun top.