Burgers with Roasted Peppers & Onions
- 4 D’Italiano® Brizzolio Soft Rolls
- 510g (1.1lbs) Ground beef
- 150g (3 cups) Shredded green cabbage
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Onions (or shallots)
- ½ Bunch of kale
- 120ml (8 tbsp.) Mayonnaise
- 90ml (6 tbsp.) Sweet, savoury Honey-Dijon vinaigrette
- 2 Roasted peppers
- Churrasco Champ spices 2 tbsp. salt, 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp dried oregano, and 1 tsp of black pepper
How to make
- 1 Pre-heat your BBQ on high, oiling the grill first to prevent sticking. Remove the kale leaves from the stems and thinly slice. Roughly chop the roasted peppers and mince the garlic. Peel and cut the onions into ½-inch rounds; toss with a drizzle of oil, ⅓ of the spices, and S&P.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine the beef, ½ the garlic, and ½ the remaining spices mix until combined creating 4 hamburger patties. Place the patties and onions on the BBQ (or in a grill pan heated with a drizzle of oil on medium-high) for 6 to 10 min or until the patties* are cooked through and the onions are browned and tender. Transfer to a plate.
- 3 Place the D’Italiano® Brizzolio Soft Rolls, cut-sides down, on the BBQ with a drizzle of oil until toasted (1 to 2 minutes)
- 4 In a second large bowl, combine the kale and vinaigrette. Massage the kale for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add the cabbage, remaining spices, and S&P; toss well.
- 5 In a small bowl, combine the mayo, remaining garlic, and S&P.
- 6 Lastly, combine the roasted red peppers and onions in a bowl while dividing the buns between plates. Top each bun with the aioli, roasted peppers, and onions, and serve with a side of the kale slaw.