Brioche Style Baked Egg in a Hole
- 8 D’Italiano with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Thick Sliced Loaf
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 8 Eggs
- Chopped chives or parsley, for topping
How to make
- 1 Preheat oven to 410 degrees F
- 2 Line a large sheet pan with foil (to prevent sticking).
- 3 Place bacon in a single layer on pan and bake until bacon is crisp, flipping halfway through cooking, about 12 minutes total (depending on the thickness of the bacon). Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and allow to cool.
- 4 While bacon is cooking, use a 3-inch biscuit cutter (or the top of a small jar or drinking glass) to cut a circle in each slice of bread
- 5 Drain off as much bacon fat from the sheet pan as possible. Place the bread in a single layer on the pan. Place a small piece of butter in the circle in each slice of bread. Bake for 5 minutes and then flip the bread slices.
- 6 Crack eggs into the circles.
- 7 Return to oven and bake until egg whites have set but the yolks are still soft, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 8 Top eggs with crumbled bacon and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.