Bourbon-Rubbed Pork Chop Sandwiches
- 2 Slices D’Italiano with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Thick Sliced Loaf
- 300g (0.66 lbs.) Pork chops
- 150g (1 cup) Matchstick carrots
- 200g 2 or 2 ½ cups) Shredded red cabbage
- 100g (1 cup) Shredded carrots
- 1 Onion (or shallot)
- 15ml ( 1tbsp.) Apple cider vinegar
- 30ml (3 tbsp.) BBQ sauce
- 60ml (6 tbsp.) Mayonnaise
- 1 Dill pickle
- Bourbon Street spices 1 ½ tbsp. smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp ground cumin, ¼ dried mustard, ½ tsp thyme leaves, and ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
How to make
- 1 Heat a large pan, with a drizzle of oil on medium-high. Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with ⅔ of the spices and S&P. Cook, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the outside is browned.
- 2 Meanwhile, thinly slice the pickle lengthwise. Halve, peel and slice the onion.
- 3 Flip the pork and add the onion to the pan and sauté. Leave the pork for 3 to 5 minutes or until the pork* is cooked through and the onions are browned. Remove from the heat and transfer the pork to a cutting board leaving the onions in the pan. Add the BBQ sauce and season with S&P,
- 4 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, vinegar, ¾ of the mayo, the remaining spices and S&P.
- 5 While you toast the bread to your liking. Thinly slice the pork against the grain and spread the remaining mayo on your bread. Put your sandwich together using the pork, onions, and a pickle. Serve with the slaw on the side.