BBQ Pork Sandwiches
This is sure to become a new household classic amongst the famiglia! A blend of meat and vegetables that is sure to please everyone's tastebuds!
- 2 D’Italiano with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Hamburger Buns
- 2 Pork Chops
- 170g (2 cups) Brussels sprouts
- 150g (3 cups) Shredded green cabbage
- 1 Scallion
- 57g (3/4 cup) Diced apples
- 60ml (4 tbsp.) Mayonnaise
- 30ml (2 tbsp.) Apple cider vinegar
- 45ml (3 tbsp.) BBQ sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp. smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp ground cumin, ¼ tsp dried mustard, ½ tsp thyme leaves, and ¼ tsp cayenne pepper. BBQ Spice Blend
How to make
- 1 Pre-heat the BBQ on high, making sure to oil the grill first. Pat the pork* dry with paper towel; season with ⅔ of the spices and S&P. Place on the BBQ for, 3 to 5 minutes on one side, until partially cooked. Flip Pork chops and brush BBQ sauce. Grilling for another, 3 to 5 minutes., until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and let the meat rest until cooled. Slice pork for assembling your sandwich.
- 2 Meanwhile, remove the root ends of the Brussels sprouts; halve lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Chop the scallion, place in a small bowl, combining the mayo and remaining spices.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, apples, scallion, 1 tbsp. oil with S&P.
- 4 Grill the D’Italiano® with Gusto!™ Brioche Style Hamburger Buns, cut-sides down, on the BBQ or toasted until warm and golden brown.
- 5 Place a bun on each plate; Topping it with the spiced mayo, pork, and a spoonful of the slaw .Serve the remaining slaw on the side.