Balsamic Beef with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
- 1 lb (500 g) top sirloin grilling steak, about 1" (2.5 cm) thick
- 4 D’Italiano® Original Crustini Buns , or
- D’Italiano® 100% Whole Wheat Crustini Buns
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) each olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (2 ml) freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup (50 ml) finely chopped bottled roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup (50 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) freshly ground pepper
- radicchio or romaine lettuce leaves
- thinly sliced red or sweet onion
How to make
- 1 Combine marinade ingredients in shallow dish.
- 2 Add steak and turn to coat.
- 3 Marinate for at least 30 minutes or longer in refrigerator.
- 4 Combine aioli ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
- 5 Reserving marinade, place steak on grill over medium-high heat. Grill until medium-rare, about 6 to 7 minutes per side, brushing with marinade.
- 6 Let stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- 1 Toast buns on grill, if desired.
- 2 Top bottom half of each bun with a little aioli, radicchio leaves, steak, onion and little more aioli.
- 3 Top with bun lids and serve.