Baja Chorizo Sausage
25 Min., plus cooling time
Just about everyone loves chorizo (right?) This Baja Chorizo Sausage recipe is the perfecto combination of spicy and sweet, fresh, and flavourful featuring D’Italiano® Brizzolio Sausage Rolls.
- 4 D’Italiano® Brizzolio Sausage Rolls
- 4 chorizo sausages
- ½ Cup Sour cream, or plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Pickled jalapeno, chopped
- 1 lime , zest, and juice, divided
- 1 cob of corn , kernels removed from cob
- ½ cup cherry tomato, washed and quartered
- ¼ small red onion , small dice
- 1 avocado , pitted and cut into small dice
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, wash, dried and chopped
- 5 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
How to make
- 1 For Lime Jalapeno Crema- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, zest of a whole lime, juice of half the lime, jalapeno. Set aside in the fridge.
- 2 For Salsa- In a small skillet, on medium-high heat, roast the corn kernels until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 3 In a medium bowl, combine cooled corn, tomato, red onion, avocado remaining juice of the lime, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine and set aside.
- 4 On a pre-heated medium grill, cook chorizo sausage, turning to brown, for approx. 12- 15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Once cooked, make diagonal cuts halfway down, along the length of the sausage to make eating the loaded sausage easier. If desired, toast D’Italiano® Brizzolio Sausage Rolls on the upper rack of BBQ.
- 5 Assembly- Place cooked chorizo in the bun, spoon 2-3 tbsp. corn salsa over, and drizzle with Lime Jalapeno Crema.