Mediterranean Inspired Burger
The summer is all about grilling so grab your favourite D’Italiano® buns and try out some of our burger, sausage and hot dog recipes. If you’re looking for a light afternoon lunch hot off the grill try out this easy to make chicken burger recipe featuring D’Italiano® Brioche buns.
- 4 D’Italiano® Brioche Style Hamburger Buns , lightly buttered and toasted
- 4 chicken burgers
- 1 small red onion , sliced in to ½” thick rings
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup sliced roasted red pepper
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 8 basil leaves
How to make
- In a small bowl, stir feta with oregano and set aside.
- Brush onion slices with oil and place on preheated grill. Cook until softened and lightly charred on each side. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Place burgers on grill and cook until no pink remains in centre. Remove to plate.
- Top each bottom D’Italiano® Brioche Bun with onion, a burger, pepper slices, olives, feta, basil leaves and top bun.