D’Italiano® Bombay Chicken with Fresh Mango Salad
25 Min. , plus marinating time
- 4 Petits pains crustini original D’ItalianoMD
- 4 fresh boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ⅔ cup Plain yogurt
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1.5 tsp. gram masala
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 fresh lime, zest, and juice, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 fresh mango , peeled, de-seeded and small diced
- 2 Persian cucumbers , quartered and cut into small dice (or 1/4 English cucumber, deseeded and diced)
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup cherry tomato, washed and quartered
- ¼ small red onion , small dice
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, wash, dried and chopped
- Cooking Spray
- 1 In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, ginger, gram masala, half zest and juice of lime. Add chicken and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- 2 For mango salad- In a medium bowl, combine mango, cucumber, cherry tomato, red onion, cilantro, remaining lime zest and juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, tossing to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 3 Heat Grill to medium and spray with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade, and wipe off excess. Grill for approx. 4 minutes per side, until no longer pink interior. On the cool part of the grill, toast D’Italiano® Original Crustini Buns if desired.
- 4 To assemble the sandwich, place grilled chicken on the bottom bun, followed by 1/4 cup mango salad and top bun.