Tarts D'Italiano !
Recipe by Jessica R.
Ingredients:A new twist on a classic dessert
• 8 slices day-old D’Italiano Thick Slice Original White Bread, cubed
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• ½ cup currents
• ½ cup chopped hazelnuts, lightly toasted (reserve 2 Tablespoons for garnish)
• 4 large eggs
• 2 cups whole milk
• 2/3 cup white sugar
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon cardamom
• ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
• ¼ teaspoon ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• Caramel dessert topping for garnish
• Sweetened whip cream
1. Generously grease jumbo muffin tin.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Divide cubed bread evenly between muffin cups. Drizzle melted butter over bread cubes and sprinkle with currents and hazelnuts, evenly distributing all ingredients.
4. In a blender combine eggs, milk, sugar, spices and vanilla. Pulse until well mixed. Pour over bread cubes, currents and hazelnuts and gently push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg/spice mixture.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, or until golden and the top springs back when lightly tapped.
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing individual puddings to plates. Drizzle with caramel sauce and garnish if desired, with whipped cream. Sprinkle reserved hazelnuts over pudding and enjoy warm.
7. Makes 6 generous desserts.
® WESTON BAKERIES LIMITED, TORONTO, CANADA M8Z 1T3, LICENSEE OF THE TRADEMARKS © 2011