Tarts D'Italiano !
Recipe by Jessica R.
• D’Italiano Sausage buns
• Shredded Cheese of choice (optional)
• 3 Tbsp of Butter
• 2 gloves of garlic
• Vegetable oil
• 2 branches of finely chopped celery
• ½ red pepper, finely chopped
• 8 oz of finely sliced mushroom
• 1 and 1/2 pound of ground beef
• 3 hot Italian sausages
• 6 wieners sliced
• 1 chicken breast
• 1 small cans of fruit pieces in light syrup (peach and pear or of choice)
• 1- 9 oz can of crushed tomatoes
• 1 - 48 oz tomato juice
• 14 oz can of tomato sauce
• 2 medium onions finely chopped
• ½ halve of garlic gloves chopped
• Montreal steak spices
• 1 Tsp of dried basil leaves
• 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning
• ½ Tbsp of crushed red pepper
• 1 Tsp of rosemary
• ½ Tbsp of oregano
• ½ Tbsp of parsley flakes
• 3 bay leaves
1.In a large pot, soften celery and pepper. Add tomato juice, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a light boil. Add all spices and 1 tbsp of the Montreal steak spices.
2.Mean while in a large pan, cook ground beef in oil until almost fully cook. Season with 1 Tbsp of Montreal steak spices. Add to sauce pot when ready.
3.In the large pan, cook sausages in oil until fully cook and crispy. Season with 3 Tbsp of Montreal steak spices. When ready let it cook a little bit and slice the sausages. Add to the pot.
4.Add the wieners to the sauce.
5.In the large pan, cook chicken in oil until fully cook. Season with 1 Tbsp of Montreal steak spices. When ready cut into preferred pieces. Add to the sauce.
6.Stir and simmer the sauce for 15 minutes.
7.Then close the heat and add fruits with the juices in the pot on the top of sauce pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
1.Preheat oven to 500?F.
2.Melt butter and gloves of garlic in a small sauce pan.
3.Meanwhile, put buns on a baking sheet.
4.Add butter to buns and add cheeses (optional).
5.Cook in oven until cheese has melted and buns are crispy. About 5 minutes.
6.Add the desired portion of sauce on buns. Close the buns and serve and eat immediately.
® WESTON BAKERIES LIMITED, TORONTO, CANADA M8Z 1T3, LICENSEE OF THE TRADEMARKS © 2011