Tarts D'Italiano !
Recipe by Jessica R.
6-8 baby bok choy, separated and sliced lengthwise
1 red pepper, julienned
1 dragon fruit, flesh diced
4 basil leaves
1 small porkchop
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoon Hosin sauce
2 tablespoon soy sauce
Red food coloring (optional)
4 sliced D'Italiano bread, thick (stale bread is ok)
4 tablespoon sesame oil
4 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
Dressing (or use your favorite Asian-inspired dressing)
2 cloves garlic (from salad), roasted and mashed
2 teaspoon shredded ginger
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Directions:D'Italiano thick, flavor-friendly bread is perfect for croutons. These salty croutons are so delicious, it's the salad that's the side-dish.
Croutons (can be made in advanced and stored like croutons, or at same time as porkchop)
1) Pre-heat oven to 400f
2) Cut crust of bread
3) Whisk soy and sesame oil together
4) Brush mixture over both sides of bread
5) Cut each slice into 12 "cubes"
6) Bake in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until brown, crispy and dry
7) Cool. Can be kept in fridge in airtight container, or used immediately
1) Keep oven at 400f
2) Whisk together soy sauce and Hosin sauce. Add red food colouring (6 drops) if desired. Brush on pork chop.
3) Bake pork chops for 15-20 minutes, turning once, or until done. Let cool while prepping salad.
4) Heat oil over medium low. Add basil, and crisp in oil, ~1 minutes. Remove and put aside
5) Add whole garlic cloves, and cook for a few minutes until garlic is soft and just starting to brown. Put aside for dressing.
6) Turn the now-flavoured oil to medium-high.
7) Stir fry bok choy and peppers in oil for less than a minute-- enough to soften to al dante. Remove and let cool.
8) When cool, top with croutons, dressing and sliced pork. Dress with crisped basil
1) Add all ingredients in a mason jar with tight-fitting lid
2) Shake vigorously to combine
3) Refrigerate leftovers (shaking again as needed)
® WESTON BAKERIES LIMITED, TORONTO, CANADA M8Z 1T3, LICENSEE OF THE TRADEMARKS © 2011